Transform Awards North America open for 2023 entries
Now in its ninth year, the Transform Awards North America remains as committed as ever to celebrating the transformative power of brand strategy, creativity and design throughout the entire continent. Transform magazine is delighted to announce this year’s awards programme can officially now be entered.
The 2023 edition follows on from October’s awards evening at the Manhattan Penthouse in New York City, which featured truly outstanding winners, left and right. To be a part of this fantastic event that pays homage to the best in corporate, product and global brand development work, you can save $100 on your total entry cost by submitting your projects by April 21. If you subscribe to Transform magazine here, you will save $150 and get your fifth entry for free by entering by this early entry deadline.
This year’s entry deadline is June 9, with the late entry deadline falling a fortnight later on June 23 (a late entry surcharge of $125 will be applied to entries missing the June 9 deadline).
As always, entries will be considered by our panel of esteemed brand and communications experts. Last year’s judges, hailing from the likes of Morgan Stanley, Twitter and Yale University Printer, were mightily impressed with eventual ‘Grand prix’ winners The Armory Show and Brunswick Creative. Other stars of the evening included the ‘Best overall visual identity’ winners, Identec Solutions and GW+Co, while Sonic Lens’ Marco Vitali took home the ‘Brand strategist of the year’ trophy.
Who will be our Transform champions this year?
The full list of categories are as follows and their definitions can be found on the dedicated categories page:
- Best use of visual property
- Best brand architecture solution
- Best use of copy style or tone of voice
- Best brand experience
- Best wayfinding or signage
- Best use of audio branding
- Best use of typography
- Best place or nation brand
- Best expression of a brand on social media channels
- Best external stakeholder relations during a brand development project
- Best internal communications during a brand development project
- Best implementation of a brand development project
- Best localization of an international brand
- Best creative strategy
- Best brand evolution (business)
- Best brand evolution (consumer)
- Best brand evolution (corporate)
- Best strategic or creative development of a new brand
- Best development of a new brand within an existing brand portfolio
- Best naming strategy (new name)
- Best naming strategy (rename)
- Best naming strategy (naming system)
- Best corporate rebrand following a merger or acquisition
- Best brand development project to reflect change of mission, values or positioning
- Best brand consolidation
- Best rebrand of a digital property
- Best use of packaging (glass)
- Best use of packaging (print and card)
- Best use of packaging (other)
- Best use of sustainable packaging
Best visual identity by sector
This award is for the best identity developed and used by a brand, including all visual aspects of a rebrand from logo to typeface in the brand’s sector.
- Charity, NGO or NFP
- Energy and utilities
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Farming and agriculture
- Financial services
- Food and beverage
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- Industrial and basic materials
- Lifestyle and wellness
- Mining and extractives
- Professional services
- Real estate, construction and facilities management
- Sports and leisure
- Technology, media and telecommunications
- Transport and logistics
- Travel and tourism
- Brand strategist of the year
- Creative director of the year
- Young contender of the year*
These categories identify the most strategic, creative and innovative brand specialists, they are a celebration of those who are shaping future and current brands and provide the opportunity to show off companies that understand the importance of investing in their talent.
*To be eligible for consideration in Young contender of the year nominees must be aged 30 or under on 31 December 2023.