How to write an award winning entry:
- Whilst it may sound obvious, too many entries continue to let themselves down through silly errors.
- Check all organisations’ names are spelt correctly - typos will instantly establish the wrong impression.
- Ensure links/videos have no expiry date and the login details have been supplied.
- Do not submit entries with other organisations’ awards logos on them.
Stick to the objective
- The most successful entries relate their results back to the original objectives.
- Although statistics can be impressive, there is no point trying to force them into the submission if they are not relevant to the brief or category.
- Clear objectives ensure the judges can appropriately assess the results.
Use convincing but informative language
- By utilising the correct language you have the ability to engage, excite and persuade the judges that your work above all other competitors deserves a Transform Award. Be original.
- However, avoid using unnecessary jargon to make your entry sound exciting as it can make the project seem vague and unclear.
Provide accurate and clear information
- Ensure all cross-referenced information matches up, as our expert panel of judges will check this. For example, in the past we have seen examples of visual evidence which is contradictory to the entry statement.
- It is preferable to provide actual figures rather than percentages. If you do use percentages however, make sure you provide the judges with a clear context of the audience/sector. This will allow the judges to understand and make better sense of your entry.
- Please stick rigidly to the word count. This is to ensure you do not 'waffle' and to ensure you succinctly deliver your message. Our judges will have a large number of entries to read and evaluate.
Know what and when you are entering
- If you are entering one project into multiple categories make sure you tailor your entry to fit each category.
- If you are submitting a long-term project please be clear about which stage of the project you are entering. The project’s strategy has to be developed, launched or carried out between April 2021 and October 2022.
Align your brand with this global celebration, honouring brand development and rebranding. We have a number of sponsorship options available to you. Call us to find out more.
Andrew Thomas, publishing editor of Transform magazine and founder of the Transform Awards
call: +44 (0)20 3950 5356