• Transform magazine
  • June 16, 2019

Top

#TransformTuesday: 3 November

Transform Tuesday.png

Every week, Transform examines recent rebrands and updated visual identities. This week's picks are below. For more from #TransformTuesday, follow @Transformsays

alt

More than 100 Abacus International offices across the Asia-Pacific region will be rebranded under new name, Sabre Travel Network Asia Pacific, following its full acquisition of the Asian travel technology company earlier this year. Sabre already owned 35% of Abacus, but it completed its purchase of the remaining 65% stake in July 2015. A deal worth US$411m.

alt

Seattle-based REI Co-op’s recent brand refresh provides an interesting juxtaposition to last year’s MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) rebrand. Whereas Canadian-brand MEC chose to lose the mountain range from its logo in an effort to target the urban market, REI’s new logo, by Hornall Anderson, is a subtle variation of its predecessor. The mountain range and pine tree in the logo remain, but are made more ragged, and the word co-op is added.

alt

The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) closed in 2013 to launch an expansion that integrates the iconic building of Swiss architect, Mario Botta, with a new one designed by Oslo-based Snøhetta. The SFMOMA has now announced its reopening day, along with a new brand identity, created by its in-house team.

alt

Pearlfisher was given the unique opportunity to brand the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirit, Seedlip. Pearlfisher’s challenge was to change the way people think about non-alcoholic beverages. The new design was inspired by botanical illustrations and the copper cap and detailing reference the copper stills used to create it.

@transformsays

Opinion: @JohnnyTorrNesbi examines employer branding in the gulf region! How are Saudis keeping up? https://t.co/htgP1IAuF3
Hi @Tier1FXGlobal and Creatique, you've been featured in this week's #transformtuesday https://t.co/zftpG0nPTV https://t.co/ISJirACkng